Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Kaiya's first bath!!! - with pics!.......well sort of.


Ok up until now we had just given Kaiya sponge baths in the sink and that type of thing but last saturday we decided it was time for out little girl to have her first real bath. SO we stripped her down. cleaned her up from her diaper and wrapped her up in a towel to keep her warm ( as seen above) SO while lisa was doing that I was charged with the task of setting up her little baby tub and filling it with nice baby friendly luke warm water - I love those little hot duckies!!!!! Ne way so I got the tub ready and Lisa brought her in. We were pretty excited to have bath time with her and hoped that it would be a fun time for her. Lisa gave me a quick warning before I set Kaiya in her little hammock - " if she doesnt like it pull her out" I was like ok ok whats not to like. Can you tell im foreshadowing??? ^_^

SOOOO I place my little girl in the tub and lay her down. She sits there for about hmmm a nanosecond - looks at me and just starts screaming at me! Which triggers lisa to start screaming at me "pick her up - pick her up!!!!!" SO I reach down and scoop her up and I realize she hasnt even gotten wet yet! And then it happens. She got me good. She just let loose and started peeing all over me and her tub but that was not it, oh no. Then she started pooping on her tub as well. Now if I can make an aside through my life I have heard different quandries about items meant to clean and if they can be dirty. Like can a bar of soap be dirty??? can dust exist in a vacuum cleaner??? Well I can safely tell you all that a baby tub can be disgustingly dirty.

SO to get back to the fun im now standing there my arms are covered in baby pee and lisa is just laughing at me. I of course cant move b/c my little bundle of perfect is covered in her own waste and the only thing I have to clean her with - her tub - she has rendered unusable. SO I finally get lisa calm and she helps me get kaiya cleaned up and we give her yet another sponge bath. Then I put a fresh diapy on her and some fresh clothes. Then and only then did I get to return to the scene of the crime and clean her tub. Now it would be all fine and dandy if the story ended there but it doesnt oh no. As Lisa and I laid down to go to sleep she just looks at me and as if trying to comfort me says

"you know if your going to get peed on you want it to be by a baby"

This really got me laughing b/c I know this little anecdote was meant to comfort me but ladies and gents I got to tell you. I dont want to be peed on and even if baby pee is the least toxic of all pee in the world I still dont wish to be showered by it! SO her comment missed the mark but I did get a good chuckle out of it!

Tune in for more adventures of Kaiya the super baby as she finds new and strange ways to torment and break her daddy!

FYI - on a serious note my little girl is becoming a little medicine cabinet. currently she is getting:
Px eye gel for clogged tear ducts
Px anti-bacterial mouth stuff for thrush.
anti-gas drops for gas (duh)
decitin butt cream for diaper rash

Well thats all for now
Cheers!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

And so it begins.....

Anonymous said...

Wow - Kaiya's not even a month old, and she alrady has opportunities for extra income. Rock on!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you did get a Wii for Christmas. =)

Anonymous said...

Great isn't it? Babys really don't melt but they do poop.

-Melody

Anonymous said...

Hey, just wanted to say cool name! We had a baby girl in April 07 and called her Kaiya Aeryn.
(I found your blog doing a google search on "kaiya" lol.